Zanzibar Serena Inn Hotel
The Zanzibar Serena Inn Hotel is idyllically situated on the sea front of ancient Stone Town, washed by the aquamarine waters of the Zanzibar channel, redolent of the scent of cloves and flanked by an exotic melange of sultan?s palaces, Portuguese forts, ancient dhow harbours, dark slave markets, and bright bazaars.
The inn is a haven of tranquility and opulence amongst the bustle of Zanzibar. Faithfully restored and lavishly embellished, the interior design concept is a fusion of authenticity and opulence that reflects the very essence of Zanzibar.
Zanzibar Serena Inn has rooms that are cool, white and constructed to the traditional design of a Swahili house, which is dependant upon the length of the mangrove poles that make up its ceilings.
In total there are 51 rooms of different configuration:
1 presidential suite 1 honeymoon suite 2 executive suites 6 prime rooms 20 standard rooms (twin beds) 21 standard rooms (king size beds)
Each room reflects a blend of essential Zanzibar and world-class elegance with arched niches, antique plates and brass lamps and features:
- Bathroom with tub/shower
- Traditionally carved furniture, cool-ceramics and intricate fretwork
- Draped beds with mosquito nets
- Louver doors
- Satellite TV
- In-room safe
- Room services (concierge and porter services, laundry, valet, 24-hour room service, babysitting on request, children?s menus and dining options and shoeshine
- Balcony overlooking the Persian-bath pool and azure bay.
- Bahari restaurant
- Mdele coffee shop
- Masahani bar
- Sumptuous beauty treatments, massage and hairdressing
- Luxury swimming pool and sun-deck
- Cultural tour of Stone Town
- Wide range of board games
- Internet connectivity
- Secretarial services
- Nightly wildlife and cultural talks, videos and film shows
- Nightly entertainment of Taarab Music
- Forex facilities
- Medical back-up
- Library of books on Africa
- News Stand
- Porter and concierge services
- Gift shop
- Extensively stocked Boutique